When you apply for a Family Violence Restraining Order, there is a lot to think about in a short amount of time.
This section covers:
- how to make an application for an FVRO
- what to think about before you give your application to the court
- when your application might be heard
- what happens at the first hearing, and
- how the court will make a decision.
As the video on this page explains, getting an FVRO involves more than going to the court and filling out a form. If possible, you should get legal advice before making an application.
Give us your feedback
There is a very short survey to help us improve this guide