We create resources to help people solve their legal problem. Our self-help kits and guides cover these topics:
- Representing yourself in a Magistrates Court criminal trial
- Criminal appeals against conviction or sentence
- Objecting to confiscation under the Criminal Property Confiscation Act
- Applying to remove driver’s licence disqualifications
- Applying to have old criminal convictions declared spent
- Prison offences, parole, and the Prisoner Handbook
There are also online self-help guides as part of our CORE series that cover:
- applying for a Family Violence Restraining Order
- mortgage stress and court action
- applying for a Recovery Order from the Family Court
- representing yourself at a Magistrates Court criminal trial.
Our resources are not a replacement for legal advice. If possible, we always recommend that you get legal advice about your situation before appearing or lodging any forms in court.
If you have questions about these resources, or to ask if a paper copy could be sent to you, call the Infoline or contact your nearest Legal Aid WA office.