Get help with interim FVROs

Logo for FRVO self-help guideHow can Legal Aid WA help?

Our Domestic Violence Legal Unit (DVLU) provides legal services to women, children and men in same sex relationships impacted by family and domestic violence. We provide legal advice (including by telephone), lodge FVRO applications electronically (online), provide court representation through our Duty Lawyer Service and provide representation for shuttle conference listings.

There is a duty lawyer from DVLU available at Perth Magistrates Court each morning. The duty lawyer can assist people seeking an FVRO by providing legal advice and representation. The duty lawyer can also assist people returning to court on an active FVRO case, by providing advice and exploring a safe resolution.

DVLU provides a duty lawyer service at Joondalup Magistrates Court on each alternate Tuesday to assist FVRO applicants if an objection to the interim FVRO has been lodged with the court and the case is listed for a directions hearing.

If you have an FVRO matter in a court location outside Perth, see if your local Legal Aid WA office can help.

Contact us

Call the Infoline or contact your nearest Legal Aid WA office to find out what help we can give in your situation. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone else who can.

Where else can I get help or information?


Find Legal Answers

Details about some of the counselling, information and support services for women, men and children in situations of family violence is available if you want to get help with family violence and your safety.

Useful documents

This guide includes links to information sheets and other resources that may help you.

Need help?

The Infoline can give information about the law and our services to help with your legal problem.

Family Violence Law Help

A national website for people wanting to understand domestic and family violence, the law and where to get help.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.