Get help with mortgage stress

Mortgage stress logoNo matter where things are up to, it is a good idea to get professional advice if possible.

You may need to ask for legal advice more than once. Don’t be afraid to keep getting legal advice or financial counselling help as your situation develops.

How can Legal Aid WA help?

Our Civil Law Division can provide legal advice if you are behind on mortgage repayments. We also provide outreach to bring this service to the suburbs. 

Contact us

Call the Infoline or contact your nearest Legal Aid WA office to find out what help we can give for your situation. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone else who can.

Where else can I get help or information?

Need help?

The InfoLine can give information about the law and our services to help with your legal problem.

Help improve this guide

Please take 2 minutes to answer some simple questions so we can improve this self-help guide.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.