Other ways to try and avoid court - Mortgage stress

Mortgage stress logoIf your lender has not agreed to a hardship variation, and you have been unsuccessful going through AFCA, you may be able to keep trying to negotiate with your lender before they start legal action.

However, if you are not going to ever be able to meet the repayments on the loan, you might be best trying to negotiate for a hardship variation to give you time to sell, rather than asking for a variation that isn't realistic in the long term or trying to stall the bank from taking action.

You may need to consider one of these other options to help with your situation. These options might be a last resort and are not always suitable. You need to be realistic about your long term financial position.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.