Get help with borrowing money
Where else can I get help?
- Consumer Credit Legal Service WA - (08) 9221 7066 - for advice and information for people having problems with debt and disputes with a financial institution.
- Your local community legal centre may offer services for people having trouble with lenders and credit providers.
- The Law Society of WA for information about private lawyers who can provide advice and representation about financial disputes.
- The Australian Securities and Investments Commission for information on the obligations of credit providers. It deals with complaints about misleading and deceptive conduct in the provision of goods and services.
- ASIC’s MoneySmart for how to complain about financial services and products and download example complaint letters.
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority for complaints about financial firms.
- YourToolkit - is a detailed web based resource containing information that is tailored to help women facing family violence and financial abuse. It contains information about personal finances and other relevant information including keeping safe, available emergency support services, Centrelink, accommodation and more.
Reviewed: 1 September 2022