Get help with borrowing money
Where else can I get help?
- Consumer Credit Legal Service WA - (08) 9221 7066 - for advice and information for people having problems with debt and disputes with a financial institution.
- Your local community legal centre may offer services for people having trouble with lenders and credit providers.
- The Law Society of WA for information about private lawyers who can provide advice and representation about financial disputes.
- The Australian Securities and Investments Commission for information on the obligations of credit providers. It deals with complaints about misleading and deceptive conduct in the provision of goods and services.
- ASIC’s MoneySmart for how to complain about financial services and products, and download example complaint letters.
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority for complaints about financial firms.
Reviewed: 1 November 2018