Making an agreement

Separating couples will typically need to make decisions about the care arrangements for children and how to divide property. 

Find out different ways that you can try to make an agreement with your ex-partner, without going to court, and the types of agreements that can be made. 

Quick Answers Video: Ways to resolve your family law dispute
video fact sheet icon Download the fact sheet for this video

Infosheet - Making arrangements for children

Information about different ways to make arrangements for children after separation.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.