What to expect from our services
Our core values guide how we deal with people who ask for our help
- We care about people and treat them with dignity and respect.
- We are honest, ethical and professional in how we deliver our services.
- We take responsibility for our decisions and our work.
- We value the support of the community.
- We aim for excellence in everything we do. We encourage innovation and creativity in our activities.
- We work to provide the greatest benefit to the community.
- We communicate in an open and effective way to support each other and our clients.
How much help will I get?
Legal Aid WA provides information, legal advice and assistance, and legal representation to Western Australians.
We try to help as much as we can, but our resources are limited. How much help you will get depends on your finances, your legal problem and our resources.
If we cannot help with your legal problem, we will refer you to another service or agency that might be able to assist you.
What if I want to give feedback about a Legal Aid WA service or lawyer?
As part of our commitments to professionalism, accountability and responsibility, you can provide feedback and submit a complaint about our services. We invite people to put their comments in writing, either on paper or through our online forms.
Reviewed: 27 April 2018