Get help with wills and estates
How can Legal Aid WA help?
Legal Aid WA does not give legal advice or assistance about drafting wills, probate or letters of administration, or coronial matters.
Grants of aid in civil matters are normally not available for help with wills and estates.
Call the Infoline or contact your nearest Legal Aid WA office to find out what help we can give for your situation. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone else who can.
Please let us know if you need an interpreter.
Where else can I get help?
- Citizens Advice Bureau on (08) 9221 5711 assists with drafting a will for a fee. They also give advice on probate and letters of administration.
- Public Trustee WA on 1300 746 116 offers will drafting for a fee, as well as a storing wills in the WA Will Bank.
- Law Society of WA on (08) 9324 8600 can refer you to a lawyer who specialises in this area.
- Aboriginal Mediation Service on (08) 9264 6176 or 1800 045 577 offers dispute resolution services to Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, including funeral and burial disputes.
- Artists in Black - information and a will template for Aboriginal visual artists.
- Coroner's Court of WA on (08) 9425 2900 or 1800 671 994 for information on the Coronial Counselling Service, the role of the Coroner, organ donation (under Practical Issues) and autopsies.
- DonateLife WA on 1800 950 155 for general inquiries on organ donation.
Reviewed: 6 October 2022