Get help with child protection
You may also get help from Legal Aid WA by:
- Asking for advice or representation at court from the duty lawyers at:
- Applying for a grant of aid. For some matters we may be able to provide you with a lawyer to help you run your protection and care case and, assist at pre-birth 'signs of safety meetings'. If you are a grandparent who has been joined as a party to the case, in limited circumstances you may also be able to get a lawyer.
Where else can I get help?
Click here for where to find other legal help.
For support and information:
- Family Inclusion Network of Western Australia Inc. (FINWA)
- Aboriginal Family Support Service
- Grandcare (for grandparents who are raising their grandchildren (full-time) on an informal basis)
- Foster Care Association of Western Australia.
- Advocate for Children in Care
- Kids Helpline
Reviewed: 13 April 2018