Immigration is when people from another country come to Australia:
- to live permanently
- to visit here temporarily
- for work or study.
People from other countries need a visa to enter Australia.
Immigration scam warning!
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is warning migrants to watch out for scams involving people pretending to be from the 'Department of Immigration', threatening deportation and demanding money.
- the main ways you can migrate to Australia
- appealing a decision to refuse a visa
- about visa cancellation on character grounds, and
- about your application for permanent residency if you experience family violence.