Rehearings and appeals

This section has information on what you can do to try and change the outcome of a criminal offence after the court has made its decision.

  • If you have been convicted and sentenced for a criminal offence and are unhappy with the result, you might want to appeal.
  • If the criminal charge was dealt with by the court in your absence, you might be able to have that decision set aside and have the matter reheard.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.