Useful documents - Criminal trials
Sample letters, forms and Magistrates Court fact sheets
Getting prosecution information
- Request for Prosecution Notice
- Request for Statement of Material Facts
- Request for Police Evidence Matrix
- Request for Video/Electronic Record of Interview
- Request for your Criminal Record
- Request for disclosure
Preparing your evidence
- Fact Sheet 41 - Summoning a witness in a criminal case
- Form 8 - Request person in custody be present to give evidence
- Form 9 - Application for witness summons
- Form 10 - Witness summons to give evidence
- Form 11 - Witness summons to produce a record or thing
Changing your plea
What is contempt of court?
Court forms can also be downloaded in Word document format from the Magistrates Court of WA website.
This information kit is for people pleading not guilty to a criminal or traffic charge in the Magistrates Court, who will not have a lawyer at trial.
- what happens if you plead not guilty
- how to prepare your defence for trial
- the steps in a trial, and
- what to do if you are found guilty.