Community Online Resource Essentials (CORE)

Community Online Resource Essentials (CORE) are free interactive guides to help people dealing with common legal problems without a lawyer.

    Past CORE guides

    The CORE guides about Mortgage Stress, Interim Family Violence Restraining Orders, and Criminal trials in the Magistrates Court have been updated and moved directly onto our website as part of our other Self-help kits and guides.

    The module on Recovery orders is currently under review. It will be available again shortly as a new self-help guide on our website.

    Get help

    For comments, feedback or questions about CORE, please email our CLE Division


    Reviewed: 7 November 2019

    Having trouble paying your home loan?

    The Mortgage Stress self-help guide can take you through the different options if you are behind in mortgage repayments.

    Applying for an FVRO?

    If you decide applying for an FVRO is the best way to help keep safe from family violence, our Interim FVRO guide can take you through the application process.

    Representing yourself?

    A guide to defending yourself against criminal charges in the Magistrates Court


    The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.