Get help with mortgage stress

Mortgage stress logoNo matter where things are up to, it is a good idea to get professional advice if possible.

You may need to ask for legal advice more than once. Don’t be afraid to keep getting legal advice or financial counselling help as your situation develops.

You should seek legal help sooner rather than later as limitation dates may apply which could affect the options available to you.

How can Legal Aid WA help?

Our Mortgage Hardship Service can provide legal advice if you are behind on mortgage repayments. We also provide outreach to bring the service to Yanchep every second Monday. Appointments with the service can also be made through our virtual offices.


Video: Mortgage Hardship Service
Video fact sheet icon - red Download the fact sheet for this video
Contact us

Call the Infoline to find out more about getting help from our Mortgage Hardship Service. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone else who can.

Where else can I get help or information?

Need help?

The Infoline can give information about the law and our services to help with your legal problem.

Help improve this guide

Please take 2 minutes to answer some simple questions so we can improve this self-help guide.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.