Alcohol offences at Leavers - R U Legal?
In WA, it is an offence to:
- buy alcohol (or try to buy it) if you are under 18
- have alcohol with you in a public place (like parks, beach or on the street) if you are under 18
- drink alcohol in a public place, at any age
- send your friend to get alcohol, if you know they are not 18 or older, or
- use a fake ID or give a false age to try and buy alcohol.
You can be fined up to $2,000 if you are convicted of one of those offences.
If you give alcohol to someone under 18 and do not supervise their drinking (even in a private setting), you are committing an offence and could be fined up to $10,000.