Information sheets

Choose a topic to view the infosheets for that area.

Civil law
Family law
Criminal law
We may be able to give you legal advice about many of the topics covered by our infosheets. To ask what help you can get, or to ask us to send you a copy of our infosheets, call the Infoline or contact your nearest Legal Aid WA office.

Natural disasters

Cars and driving

    Claims over money in the Magistrates Court



      Property and neighbours

      Work and rights

      Matters after death

      Criminal investigations and powers

      Criminal charges and spent convictions

      Traffic offences and driver's licences

      Family law matters 

      Protection and care matters

      Family violence

      Restraining Orders

      Information for family related VRO applications made before 1 July 2017

      Need help?

      The InfoLine can give information about the law and our services to help with your legal problem.

      Find legal answers

      If you have questions about the law, we have legal answers.


      The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.