Get a lawyer to run your case

In cases with special needs or complexity, Legal Aid WA can pay for a lawyer to do ongoing work on your legal problem. The lawyer will either be one of our employees, or will be a lawyer in private practice. 

To get a lawyer to run your case, you need to apply for a grant of aid. You could be asked to contribute towards the cost of providing a lawyer.

If you are unhappy with a decision about a grant of aid, including having an application rejected or grant of aid terminated, you might be able to ask us to reconsider or review the matter.

Not everyone needs or can get a lawyer to run their case. We might be able to help you get legal advice or get help at court from a duty lawyer, without applying for a grant of aid.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.