What services does Legal Aid WA have?
- Free information, resources and publications available from our website.
- Infoline telephone number – 1300 650 579.
- Appointments for legal advice and assistance about problems including:
- criminal charges
- family disputes, child support, protection and care applications
- restraining orders
- consumer issues, debts, employment problems, guardianship and administration, insurance claims, mortgage stress, motor vehicle property damage, social security, and compensation for victims of crime.
- A duty lawyer service for advice and assistance in the Magistrates Court, Children’s Court and Family Court. Our duty lawyers cannot represent you at trial.
- Ongoing representation from a lawyer under a grant of aid.
- Legal education resources for community groups and the public.
What if I need an interpreter?
We do our best to help people who have trouble speaking or understanding English. If you prefer to speak another language, we can arrange for an interpreter to help.
When you call the Infoline or come into one of our offices, tell us what language you speak. We will book an interpreter and make a time for you to speak with us about your legal problem using the interpreter.
If you would like to use an interpreter in an appointment, please let us know at the time you make the appointment.
If you are going to court, you can contact the court and ask them to order an interpreter for you. If you are at court and there is no interpreter there, ask our duty lawyer service if they can help you in court to put your matter off to another day and ask for an interpreter to be there next time.
The Infoline is open on business days from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm (WST) – phone 1300 650 579.
Our main office is at 32 St Georges Terrace, Perth. We also have offices in major regional centres.
Reviewed: 3 May 2018