Get help with going to court for money

Having problems with debt and financial issues can be stressful.

This information will help you to understand what help is available if you are in debt or if someone owes you money.

There are different ways we may be able to help you with some money problems. If we can’t help you, we may be able to refer you to someone who can.

Can we help?

If you have had a motor vehicle crash and are going to court our Car crash self-help guide may be of help to you.

You may be able to get legal advice from our Civil Law Division on mortgage repossessions, consumer and party/party debts, debt and financial hardship including cost of living issues, some consumer/trader disputes, motor vehicle contractual disputes, motor vehicle property damage, and legal problems as a result of natural disasters. To access our service call our Infoline.

No advice is given to business owners. The Small Business Development Corporation on 133 140  may be able to help.

Where else can I get help?


Reviewed: 6 September 2022


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.