Get help with injuries
Where else can I get help?
Criminal Injuries Compensation
Community legal centres Your local CLC may be able to give you legal advice and help you to prepare a Criminal Injuries Compensation application.
- Family Violence Prevention Legal Services Offer legal and counselling services for victims of family violence or sexual assault who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) peoples, or whose partner or children are ATSI peoples, including for criminal injuries compensation where it relates to family violence and sexual assault.
- Office of Criminal Injuries Compensation Information about online applications, guides for applying and the process after applying.
- Victims of Crime (WA Government) - Criminal Injuries Compensation Information on making an application for Criminal Injuries Compensation.
- The Law Society of WA For a referral to a lawyer who specialises in personal injuries.
- District Court of WA - Criminal Injuries Compensation Information, forms and a procedure guide if you are representing yourself in an appeal against a decision of the Office of Criminal Injuries Compensation.
- Comcare - call 1300 366 979 or (02) 6276 0333
Information and assistance with workers' compensation for people employed by the Commonwealth.
- The Law Society of WA can refer you to a lawyer who specialises in this area.
- If you are in a union, you can contact your union to ask what help or services are available.
Other personal injuries claims
- The Law Society of WA can refer you to a lawyer who specialises in personal injuries.
- Law Access
This is a not-for-profit organisation that assists people and community organisations find free legal assistance.
Reviewed: 20 September 2022