COVID-19: Mandatory vaccination and work
You may have questions about your rights at work:
- If you are told you must be vaccinated against COVID-19 coronavirus to keep your job.
- If you don’t want to go to your workplace if there are co-workers who are not vaccinated.
- If you have a temporary or permanent exemption from being vaccinated but have still been told you can’t keep your job or do your usual job.
- If you don’t want to reveal if you are vaccinated.
- If you have an adverse reaction to a vaccination you had to have for work.
- For other reasons linked to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Visit the Circle Green Community Legal website for information answering a range of commonly asked questions for WA workers on COVID-19 vaccinations.
Legal Aid WA provides employment law advice for people affected by COVID-19. Call our Infoline to make an appointment.
You can also contact Circle Green Community Legal for free legal assistance.
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- Employment impacted by COVID-19 (for State system employees)
Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws – COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace (for national system employees)
WA Health Department
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination
Mandatory vaccination FAQs (this includes information on the process for applying for an exemption)
Health Department Cth
Australia Human Rights Commission
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Reviewed: 21 March 2022