Get help with restraining orders
Where else can I get legal help?
Many Community Legal Centres offer services for people experiencing or at risk of family violence and can advise on FVRO conferences.
Applicants with FVRO conferences at:
- Fremantle Magistrates Court can call Fremantle CLC on 9432 9790.
- Armadale Magistrates Court can call Gosnells CLC on 9398 1455.
- Bunbury Magistrates Court can call South West CLC on 9791 3206.
Respondents with FVRO conferences at:
- Perth Magistrates Court can call the Sussex Street Community Law Service (SSCLS) on 6253 9500 to book an appointment with a lawyer.
- Joondalup Magistrates Court can call Northern Suburbs CLC on 9440 1663.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people needing help with FVROs may also be able to get help from Family Violence Prevention Legal Services.
The Law Society of WA can provide information about private lawyers who can provide advice and representation in restraining order cases.
The Citizen's Advice Bureau may be able to give advice if you are the respondent or person bound by an FVRO.
What other services and supports are available to help with family violence?
Details about some of the counselling, information and support services for women, men and children in situations of family violence are available on this webpage if you want to get help with family violence and your safety.
Reviewed: 8 January 2024