Get help with injuries

You may need legal help to seek compensation if you have been injured as a result of a crime, a motor vehicle accident, while on someone’s property, or through negligence.

We may be able to help you if you have been injured as a result of a crime that was committed in Western Australia. For other types of personal injuries, we may be able to refer you to someone who can help you. 

Our Civil Law Division may be able to give advice and assistance with applications for Criminal Injuries Compensation. We do not give legal advice or representation in court for other personal injury cases. Call the Infoline to find out about making an appointment for legal advice.

Where else can I get help?

Criminal Injuries Compensation
Work-related injuries
  • WorkCover WA - Advice and Assistance helpline - call 1300 794 744 

  • Comcare - call 1300 366 979 or (02) 6276 0333
    Information and assistance with workers' compensation for people employed by the Commonwealth.

  • The Law Society of WA  can refer you to a lawyer who specialises in this area.

  • If you are in a union, you can contact your union to ask what help or services are available.

Other personal injuries claims
  • The Law Society of WA can refer you to a lawyer who specialises in personal injuries.

  • Law Access 
    This is a not-for-profit organisation that assists people and community organisations find free legal assistance.

Need help?

The InfoLine can give information about the law and our services to help with your legal problem.


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.