Get help dealing with neighbours
Where else can I get help?
- The Law Society of WA can refer you to lawyers who advise on civil matters, including restraining orders.
- Your local community legal centre may be able to give you some help, depending on the problem you are having with a neighbour.
- A mediation or dispute resolution service may be able to help you come to an agreement with a neighbour.
- Building and Energy Division (Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety) has information about dividing fences.
- Your local government can advise on minimum fencing requirements under local laws.
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries provides information on the responsibilities of cat and dog owners, including on nuisance barking dogs.
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation for information on reporting noise and other types of pollution.
Reviewed: 21 September 2022