Get help dealing with neighbours

How can Legal Aid WA help?

We do not normally give legal advice on disputes with neighbours unless it involves a restraining order. You may be able to get help with dividing fences and neighbourhood disputes through a virtual office appointment.

Contact us

Call the Infoline or contact your nearest Legal Aid WA office to find out what help we can give for your situation. If we can’t help, we may be able to refer you to someone else who can.

Please let us know if you need an interpreter.

Where else can I get help?

  • The Law Society of WA can refer you to lawyers who advise on civil matters, including restraining orders.
  • Your local community legal centre may be able to give you some help, depending on the problem you are having with a neighbour.
  • Your local government can advise on minimum fencing requirements under local laws.


Reviewed: 16 November 2023



The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.