Community Online Resource Essentials (CORE) have been developed by Legal Aid WA and the Geraldton Resource Centre as free self help guides for people in Perth and regional Western Australia.
Each interactive resource contains step by step practical information about that area of law and what you might need to know if you are representing yourself. CORE resources are up online and ready to use today on your tablet, laptop, through your local library or wherever a good internet connection is available.
The following CORE resources are available NOW:
- Recovery order self help guide
- You might use this family law self help guide if your child has not been returned to you. It includes "how to" videos by experienced family lawyers, checklists, sample letters and information about what to do before court, in court and after court.
- Representing yourself at a Magistrates Court criminal trial
- You might use this criminal law self help guide if you are representing yourself and running your own criminal trial in the Magistrates Court. It includes "how to" videos by experienced criminal lawyers, sample letters, documents and FAQs. It takes you through the process of preparing for trial, what happens in Court, running the trial and the verdict.
- Mortgage stress-self help guide
- You might use this mortgage stress self help guide if you are having problems meeting your mortgage payments or are already behind in payments. It takes you through how to apply for a hardship variation from your lender and also how to apply to an external dispute resolution scheme if your hardship application is refused by your lender. It also covers your options if the lender takes you to court and gets judgment against you.
To get started on any of these resources, all you need to do is register via the CORE link below, then click 'Register' to create a User Name and Password (it will ask for an email address but you don't have to provide one).
Once you have registered, you need to choose either the Recovery Order or Magistrates Court criminal trial or Mortgage stress resource. Then you can log in as many times as you need to.
Click here to launch CORE now!
For more information contact Legal Aid WA on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: 29/06/2015