Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Text Size
  Print Print this page

Specialist units and services

Specialist units and services

Open Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (Australian Western Standard Time) except public holidays

Legal Aid WA Infoline open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm



Information, advice and referrals

Information, advice and assistance are available at Legal Aid WA. More...



Family and children's services

Legal Aid WA provides a range of services to assist you with family law issues and issues related to children. More...


Youth law team

Legal Aid WA has a specialist team of lawyers working as part of the Youth Law team in our Criminal Law division.  They specialise in providing legal assistance to young people about criminal law matters. More...


Prison visiting

Legal Aid WA can visit or contact prisoners to provide information and advice. More...


Domestic Violence Legal Unit

If you are a women in a domestic violence relationship and need help with a safety planning, legal advice or representation at court for a violence restraining order, the  Domestic Violence Legal Unit may be able to help you. More...  


Civil Litigation Assistance Scheme

If you are a plaintiff and have a civil case that does not meet the usual Legal Aid WA guidelines, in some cases you may be able to get assistance from this scheme. More...

Immigration services

Legal Aid WA may be able to assist in some immigration matters relating to a court case in the Federal Court or High Court. More...


Duty lawyers in criminal courts

Duty lawyers are employed by Legal Aid WA and their role is to attend Magistrates Courts and Children's Courts to advise and represent people who are facing criminal charges. More...


Last reviewed: 30/08/2013

Last modified: 6/03/2018 8:41 AM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.