Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

Quick Launch

Text Size
  Print Print this page

Mediation and dispute resolution

Mediation and dispute resolution


The following dispute resolution services are not the only dispute resolution services available in Western Australia. Check your telephone directory for other dispute resolution services in your area. These services are not Legal Aid WA services. Legal Aid WA expressly disclaims any liability and responsibility for the services provided by non Legal Aid WA services. Some of the agencies listed below may charge a fee for accessing their service. Please discuss this issue directly with the agency.   

Aboriginal Mediation Service provides culturally appropriate dispute resolution services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to assist in addressing inter and intra-family feuding. For more information, contact Aboriginal Mediation Services on (08) 9264 6150 or 1800 045 577.

Anglicare WA provides a range of counselling services to people throughout Western Australia. For more information, contact Anglicare on (08) 9263 2000 or visit the website for the contact details of branches throughout WA. 

Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM) website provides details of Institute members all of whom are Nationally Accredited Mediators and most of whom are also experienced family lawyers. You can also access information about what happens at mediation on this website. The Family Court of WA refers people to AIFLAM.

Centacare Family Services provides a range of counselling and support services to people living in the Geraldton area.  It offers services in Geraldton, Exmouth, Carnarvon, Yalgoo, Mt Magnet and other towns in the region.  For more information, contact Centacare WA on (08) 9921 1433.

Centrecare WA  Family Relationship Centre provides a range of counselling and mediation services including family relationship mediation through their Perth office. Centrecare has branches located in regional Western Australia. Midland and Kalgoorlie Family Relationship Centre (FRC) is a gateway to other family relationship services such as Centrecare’s specialist family violence service, counselling, family mediation and property mediation. This FRC provides outreach services from Midland throughout the Wheatbelt and the Goldfields. Services are also provided to people in prisons.  For more information, contact Centrecare on (08) 9325 6644 or visit the website for contact details of regional branches.

Citizen's Advice Bureau is a community based organisation with branches located throughout Western Australia. Some branches offer a family, community and commercial mediation service. For more information, contact the Perth office of the Citizen's Advice Bureau on (08) 9221 5711 or visit the website for contact details of a branch in your area.   

Family Relationship Centre (FRC) staff provide information, advice and dispute resolution services to help people reach agreement on parenting arrangements without going to court. There are FRCs located in Broome, Bunbury, Geraldton, Joondalup, Mandurah, Midland and Perth. Visit the website for contact details for a Family Relationship Centre in your area. 

Gosnells Community Legal Centre provides mediation services for resolving family disputes, children's matters and community and neighbourhood disputes. For more information, contact the Gosnells Community Legal Centre on (08) 9398 1455.

Relationships Australia Western Australia provides a range of mediation services including family relationship disputes, neighbourhood disputes, workplace disputes and family business disputes. For more information, contact Relationships Australia Western Australia on (08) 6164 0130 or 1300 364 277

Resolution Institute website has details of dispute resolution practitioners, mediators and arbitrators throughout Australia.

South West Community Legal Centre Inc (SWCLC) is a not-for-profit, independent community organisation committed to delivering legal advice and information and mediation services to low-income and disadvantaged people in the South West region of Western Australia. Based from its main office in Bunbury, its services also visit the communities of Busselton, Bridgetown, Collie, Harvey, Manjimup, Margaret River and Narrogin. For more information, contact SWCLC (08) 9791 3206 or 1800 999 727 (Freecall).

Supreme Court of WA has information on mediation in civil disputes.


Last reviewed: 18/01/2017
Last modified:


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.