Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Text Size
  Print Print this page

Criminal records and spent convictions

Criminal records and spent convictions


Criminal records

If you need to know what a criminal record is and how to obtain a copy of your record, the information here will assist you.  More...


What spent conviction orders do 

Having a spent conviction order (SCO) means that you may not have to acknowledge that you were charged with and convicted of an offence. However, in some situations you will still have to provide information about your convictions.  More...


Spent conviction order at the time of sentencing

If you are due to be dealt with in court for a criminal offence and you are worried about a conviction being recorded against you, you should consider this information.  An application for a spent conviction order must be made at the time of sentencing.  More... 


Applying for old convictions to be spent

If you have an old conviction that you wish to have spent, the process to follow is detailed here.  More... 

 Last reviewed: 15/09/2010 

Last modified: 31/03/2015 10:41 AM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.