Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Quick Launch

Text Size
  Print Print this page

Rural, regional & remote Western Australians

Rural, regional & remote Western Australians


Most inquiries made to Legal Aid WA from people living rural, regional & remote Western Australia are about family separation, court procedures and driving infringements.  The Information about the law section of the Legal Aid WA website covers a wide range of legal issues including Family, relationships and children, Going to Court ,Dealing with Traffic Charges  that may be helpful to people living in rural, regional and remote Western Australia.  Legal Aid WA has 11 offices located throughout Western Australia with some offices providing duty lawyer services at most regional courts.  For more information about Legal Aid WA services, contact the Legal Aid WA InfoLine on 1300 650 579.  

Further legal and other community services providing information for people living in rural, remote and regional Western Australia are listed below. These services are not Legal Aid WA services. Legal Aid WA expressly disclaims any liability and responsibility for the advice and information provided by non Legal Aid WA services and advises there may be other organisations able to provide you with advice and information that are not included on this website. 

Community services

Community Legal Centres provide legal, financial and welfare services to people on low incomes and those in special need. Most services are free or at a very low cost.  There are Community Legal Centres located throughout Western Australia with some Centres providing an outreach service to regional locations.  The attached website provides a detailed list of the location and contact details for Community Legal Centres in Western Australia. 

Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia Inc (ALSWA) provides legal advice and assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples throughout Western Australia. ALSWA has offices at Albany, Broome, Bunbury, Carnarvon, Derby, Fitzroy Crossing, Geraldton, Halls Creek, Kalgoorlie, Kununurra, Laverton, Meekatharra, Newman, Northam, Roebourne and South Hedland. For more information, contact the Perth office of Aboriginal Legal Services on (08) 9265 6666 or 1800 019 900.

Youth Legal Service provides free, confidential legal services to young people in Western Australia.  For more information, contact Youth Legal Services on 9202 1688 or 1800 199 006.

Youthline  staff provide a  24 hour telephone crisis counselling service to young people in Western Australia. An online Directory of Youth Services is available on the website.  For more information, contact Youthline on (08) 9388 2500  or 1800 198 313. 

Government services

Family and Domestic Violence Unit website provides practical information for people experiencing family and domestic violence and for people supporting victims of abuse. For more information, contact the Family and Domestic Violence Unit on (08) 9222 2555 or 1800 622 258.

Men's Domestic Violence Helpline is a free, statewide, 24 hour men's telephone helpline that offers information, referral and telephone counselling to men about family violence. For more information, contact the Men's Domestic Violence Helpline on (08) 9223 1199 or 1800 000 599. 

Mensline Australia staff provide telephone information, support, counselling and referrals to men dealing with relationship problems. For more information, contact Mensline Australia on 1300 789 978.

Regional Entry Point website provides information and links to a range of Australian Government programmes and services for individuals, families, communities, farms and businesses in rural, regional and remote Australia.

Government Services to Regions website provides information and links to a range of State Government services to regional areas.


Last reviewed: 15/09/2010

Last modified: 31/03/2015 10:41 AM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.