Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

Quick Launch

Text Size
  Print Print this page

Going to Family Court - property

Going to Family Court - property

If you have attempted to sort out your issues around property and finances and have been unable to reach an agreement, starting legal proceedings in the Family Court is a formal way to resolve your legal issues. There might also be some situations where you would need to go straight to Court. 


Before you go to Court - property

There are certain steps you must take to try to resolve your property settlement issues before you can file an application to start a case in the Family Court of WA.  More...


How does the Family Court deal with a property case

If you ask the Family Court to help resolve your dispute, the Court will follow a four-step process to determine a property settlement. There are no set formulas to determine who receives what in a property settlement.  More...


Last reviewed: 30/10/2012

Last modified: 31/03/2015 10:42 AM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.