Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Text Size
  Print Print this page

Violence - family, domestic and other

Violence - family, domestic and other


Family and domestic violence support services

Family violence can include physical and sexual violence, threats of violence, stalking, emotional abuse and damage to property. If you are the victim of family or domestic violence this information about support services may help you. More...



Misconduct restraining orders

A misconduct restraining order (MRO) is designed to stop a person behaving in a way that is intimidating or offensive towards you. This information includes who can apply for a MRO and what happens at court.  More...


Violence restraining orders

There are two types of violence restraining order (VRO). One  covers if you want a VRO against a person you are in a  family or domestic relationship with. This information covers what VROs are, who can apply and what happens at court. More ...


Police orders - information

What help can the police give me if I am a victim of family and domestic violence? What is a police order? More ...

Immigration status and family violence

The Migration Regulations 1994 (Cth) have special rules about family violence and how it can affect applications for permanent residency. How is family violence defined in this situation? More...


Family violence and family law

Generally if you have experienced family violence or there is a risk of family violence, you would fall into one of the exceptions and would not need to go to family dispute resolution and get a certificate before you can start a case for parenting orders.


Reporting violence: information for lesbians, gay men and gender diverse people

Lesbians, gay men and gender diverse people may not report violence to the police or other organisations for many reasons. This information aims to address some of these issues. More ...



Last reviewed: 31/01/2014

Last modified: 31/03/2015 10:41 AM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.