Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Text Size
  Print Print this page

Making Plans & Agreements

Making Plans & Agreements


When Separating Home Page

 When Separating - Advice and Information




Making Plans & Agreements 


When Separating Videos

Making arrangements for your children after you have separated can be challenging.  There are many things to consider, such as where will they live, who will they spend time with and what will happen on important days like birthdays and Christmas. There are lots of things to consider when making plans for your children's future and many organisations that can assist you in coming to an agreement with your former spouse or partner.



About Family Dispute Resolution Family Dispute Resolution

This brochure provides basic information on Family Dispute Resolution (FDR).  Remember, different providers may have slightly different approaches to FDR, including some that provide Child-Inclusive FDR where children speak to a consultant who brings the children's perspectives into the process. 

 Community Legal Centres Association of WA Community Legal Centres of WA

Here you will find a directory of all the Community Legal Centres and related organisations in Western Australia that may be able to provide you with assistance or information on how to reach an agreement over arrangements for your children.

How to use a family lawyerHow to use a family lawyer

Getting legal advice does not mean having to go to court.  Find out more about going to see a lawyer and different ways to use a lawyer.

How to prepare for a meeting with a family lawyerHow to prepare for a meeting with a family lawyer

A guide about what to do before going to a lawyer and what to take with you.

Making arrangements for your childMaking arrangements for your child

Information about how to make arrangements for children following separation, and different ways to record an agreement in writing. 

Family Court of Western Australia Consent Orders KitConsent Orders Kit

Consent Orders are a formal way of recording your agreement and can be used for both property and children's arrangements.  They are enforceable by the family court.  This Kit explains what you need to do to make your agreement into Consent Orders.

More information about family lawMore information about family law

For more information, including information about the law, see the "Family, relationships and children" section of the Legal Aid WA website




Link to When Separating - Advice + Information - Support for YouLink to When Separating - Advice + Information - Support for childrenLink to When Separating - Advice + Information - ParentingLink to When Separating - Advice + Information - Conflict & Communication

Link to When Separating - Advice + Information - Family & Domestic ViolenceLink to When Separating - Advice + Information - Finances & PropertyLink to When Separating - Advice + Information - Agencies - Advice & SupportLink to When Separating - Advice + Information - Agencies - Information

Last modified: 31/03/2015 10:42 AM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.