Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Text Size
  Print Print this page

Corruption and Crime Commission fund

Corruption and Crime Commission fund

What is the Corruption and Crime Commission?

The Corruption and Crime Commission (CCC) accepts and can investigate allegations of misconduct by former or serving WA public officers, including police officers and officers employed in local government.  See Complaints to the CCC against public officers for more information.

What is the Corruption and Crime Commission fund?

The WA Government has established a fund to provide legal assistance for serving and former public officers called as witnesses or served with notices or summonses by the CCC or the Parliamentary Inspector.

Legal Aid WA manages this fund on behalf of the WA Government and assesses all applications for aid for matters before the CCC.

Do I qualify for a grant of legal aid?

To qualify for a grant of legal aid you must be a former or serving public officer AND the CCC or Parliamentary Inspector must have:

  • requested you attend an interview
  • served a notice on you to provide a statement of information;
  • served a notice on you to provide documents or other things; or
  • served a summons on you to appear to give evidence.

The term public officer includes:

  • A police officer
  • A Minister of the Crown
  • A Parliamentary Secretary appointed under section 44A of the Constitution Acts Amendments Act 1899 (WA)
  • A member of either House of Parliament
  • A person authorised under written law to execute or serve any process of a court or tribunal
  • A public service officer or employee within the meaning of the Public Sector Management Act 1994 (WA)
  • A persons who holds a permit to do high-level security work as defined in the Court Security and Custodial Services Act 1999 (WA)
  • A person who holds a permit to do high-level security work as defined in the Prisons Act 1981 (WA)
  • A member, officer or employee of any authority, board, corporation, commission, local government, council of local government, council or committee or similar body established under written law, and
  • Any other person holding office under, or employed by, the State of Western Australia, whether for remuneration or not.

How do I apply for a grant of aid?

If you wish to apply for a grant of aid for a matter proceeding before the CCC and you meet the above criteria please download the application form. Once you have completed the form please forward it to:

Legal Aid Western Australia
GPO Box L916

Where can I get more information?

For further information, please see:

Last reviewed: 10/02/2010

Last modified: 20/08/2015 2:55 PM


The information displayed on this page is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia aims to provide information that is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information provided on this page or incorporated into it by reference.