Text Size a a PrintPrint this page

Children - movements

When one parent moves the children without the other parent's consent or knowledge what are the options. Orders you can get in the family court. 


Relocation - moving away with children

You may need to get the other parent's permission or an order from the Family Court before moving, if a move impacts on the child, or the child's other parent spending time with the child.  More... 


Abduction of children

Taking children overseas without the other parent's consent or knowledge will cause problems. The Family Court can make injunctions stopping children from leaving, or orders to locate and recover children. Child stop alerts can also prevent children going.  More... 


 Last reviewed: 01/09/2010 

Last Modified: 13/09/2010


The material displayed on this page is intended for information only. If you have a legal problem, you should see a lawyer. Legal Aid Western Australia believes that the information provided is accurate, however does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions.